Build Green NH:
The Build Green NH Council is comprised of industry professionals dedicated to providing green building guidelines for building and remodeling professionals and environmentally concerned consumers through its certification program.
The Build Green NH Council shall be the recognized voice of professional green builders and remodelers in New Hampshire by unifying the industry, promoting a broader understanding of green building, and increasing consumer awareness of HBRANH Green Builder. The Council shall be dedicated to providing quality education and awareness to our members and to the public.
Build Green NH encourages builders and consumers to look to
the National Green Building Standard for guidance. Houses that are designed or built to the National Green Building Standard include:
- Design the Lot & Site - Environmental impact development. Enhance the natural quality of the site, through landscaping, water usage, drainage, soil erosion and innovative site design.
- Material, Resource Efficiency - Building materials that offer proven minimal maintenance and durability along with resourceful practices that consider the impact on the environment.
- Energy Efficiency - The building envelope protects from heat loss, and air/water infiltration. Heating systems, windows and doors, and appliances work in tandem to lower utility bills.
- Recycle, Renewable, Reusable - Waste management, & durable renewable materials, offer alternatives to landfill usage, pollutants, and the use of our natural resources.
- Water Efficiency - A green home is designed to conserve water, for future generations. Water conserving appliances, rainwater collection, and low volume irrigation systems.
- Air Quality Indoors - Indoor air quality provides healthier comfortable living. Minimize moisture, add appropriate ventilation, heating and cooling systems. Minimize indoor pollutants from material usage.
Education for the Homeowners - Written information on the building's use, maintenance, and green components. Homeowner education on sustainable and energy efficient options.